Monday, June 23, 2008

DC at last!


Right outside the U-Street metro stop, about a block from Gigs' place were these guys giving away lemonade. They told me that they tried to sell it but no one was buying it. I'll have to get them talking to the kids with the lemonade stand along the trail. It was nice getting another cup of lemonade and fun to see these guys having a good time giving away lemonade in the middle of the city.





Everytime I visit Gigs in DC, he makes sure that I don't get to sleep before 4am. The last time I was here I had 3 hours of sleep but he made sure that I was going out that night. This time, after riding several hundred miles he wouldn't allow me to have any rest. Heading over to Chinatown with some friends, we were out and about until the wee hours of the morning. Fortunately, he has to work during the week so he lets me go to sleep a little bit earlier on the weekdays.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad that you made it safely! Nice work, Jake. How awesome to be able to cross this off of your list. You told me last fall you wanted to do this ride...and now you have. That's awesome.

Have fun in DC. Enjoy your friends.